“Shiran winery” was founded in 2012 at the home of the Shiran family in Efrat as a small garage winery, producing a few hundred bottles. In 2018, after the winery grew to produce a few thousand bottles, we moved to the holy city of Kiryat Arba in Hebron.
Our red blends are unique in their combination of varietals that originated in different parts of the world and different terroirs in Israel. We use “Meditteranean varietals” to reflect Israeli society that blends diverse human terroirs.
Most of our white wines are single varietals form single vineyards and are usually unoaked to express the varietal and the terroir.
We do make white blends that follow the same theme as our red blends.
The musical theme of the winery is a tribute to my Father, a cantor and musician.
from which we make our wine are located across Israel, from the northern part of the Golan Heights to Mitzpe Ramon in the south.
Eli hails from a Chassidic dynasty – with family roots in Israel dating back to the early 1800’s. He was drawn to winemaking by his deep passion to connect to the Land of Israel. After selling his business in 2010, Eli completed his law degree and then turned his attention to wine, where he studied under the tutelage of senior winemaker, Ido Levinsohn. Eli established his winery in 2012 and released his first series of wines in 2013.
Eli is known for his slogan “Listening to the vine, making wine!” and can often be seen holding a glass of wine to his ear as he concentrates on the unearthed harmonic notes whispering their esoteric secrets to only he who can appreciate their true meaning.
Paying tribute to his father who was a Chazan, Eli’s wines have thematic names – The Chazan, The Soprano, The Conductor, The Trio, to name a few. Experimenting with non-traditional blends allows Eli to produce unique wines that are a true expression of his character and the complex effervescence of Israeli human terrior.
Within the very first years, the winery won international prizes and recognition.
White wines :
1. Unoaked Chardonnay – from a single vineyard in Gush Etzion, altitude of 950 m.
2. Unoaked Semillon – from a single vineyard, the “Wind vineyard” in the northern Golan Heights, altitude of 1000 m.
3. Viognier – from a single vineyard next to Mitzpe Ramon in the Negev ‘, altitude of 700 m
4. Triad – blend of Chardonnay, Semillon and Viognier . in some years part of the wine is fermented and aged in oak barrels.
1. The Soprano blend of Grenache and Petite Syrah
2. Trio blend of old vine Carignan Petite syrah, Petit Verdot and a bit of Grenache
3. The Conductor , blend of Petite Syrah and Petit Verdo. part of the Petite Syrah is fermented as “whole clusters”.
Shiran winery is open to visitors Sunday to Friday By appointment
Eli Levi Moshe Busani
Mail : email@example.com
מארז קיץ – יוני 2020
מארז לבן/אדום – יוני 2020